The Rapidly Changing Landscape of College Testing: A Special Presentation on Nov 10
November 10, 2015 at 7:00pm; Mira Costa Auditorium
Please join us for a presentation on college admission testing provided by nationally-recognized speaker Adam Ingersoll. The extensive overhaul of the PSAT and SAT debuting this year has far-reaching implications, both for public schools and for individual students. The college admission testing landscape is evolving rapidly; join us to learn how to navigate this intimidating terrain successfully. Topics of discussion include:
- Old SAT, new SAT, or ACT: How do I choose?
- What is behind the ACT’s surging popularity?
- Why is the SAT scale reverting back to 1600 from 2400?
- How do I interpret my PSAT scores on the new 1520 scale?
- I hear the ACT is “easier/less tricky/more like school tests” – is this true?
- Why are the ACT and SAT essays so much longer now? Are they required?
- What is the Common Core’s role in all these changes? Will it affect me?
- How are college admission officers responding to the changes?
This is an excellent learning opportunity for students, parents, teachers and counselors in grades 9-11.
Our speaker comes to us from a test prep company, Compass Education Group, but he will not be presenting his company’s services. All attendees will leave with a richer understanding of the college admission process and a framework for maximizing the student’s success on standardized tests. Attendees will also receive a complimentary copy of Compass’ College Admission Testing Guide, a 80 page resource with all the latest information and detail about this process. Visit http://www.compassprep.com/testing-events/ to learn more about the event, the speaker, the topics covered, and other schools and organizations who have benefited from this presentation.
Hope to see you there!