Please join MBEF for a special online presentation by acclaimed author, college admissions expert, and educational consultant, Cindy Clumeck Muchnick, M.A. Co-author of The Parent Compass.
Thursday, October 14th
6:00 – 7:00pm
followed by a Question & Answer Session
In this highly competitive world where tutoring, micro-managing, and helicoptering seem to be the norm, parents often feel helpless trying to support their child in a productive way. Based on her research with co-author Jenn Curtis, Cindy will share her expertise on how to best support your tween/teen and navigate through this challenging time with renewed confidence.
Discussion Topics Include:
- Challenging questions that aim to jumpstart an essential conversation for parents on why we behave the way we do and how we make the choices we make in helping to navigate our teens through competitive and uncertain times
- Anecdotes from the author’s personal and professional life working with teens that exhibit both poor parenting choices and ones to model
- Research and tips gleaned from interviews with education thought leaders, teachers and administrators, counselors, psychologists, and other authors
- Tangible steps and ideas to help parents preserve your relationship with your teen
- Advice on fostering grit and resilience and strategies to help your teen approach life with purpose while navigating a competitive academic environment
- Clear expectations of your appropriate role in the college admission process
We encourage you to purchase the book The Parent Compass to serve as an in-depth reference tool. The Parent Compass is for sale at our local Pages bookstore and exclusive signed copies are available through the author for $20 (including shipping) using this Google Book Order Form.
Cindy has worked in the fields of college admissions, educational consulting, teaching, and counseling for the past 20+ years. She is a mother of four and has devoted her career to working with teens. Cindy’s thoughtful advice and anecdotes as both an expert and mother will resonate with any parent.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PRESENTATION WILL BE ONLINE ONLY.
In an effort to make the information available to all in safe manner, this presentation will be available through Zoom Webinar. Each registrant will receive an individual link to participate in the presentation via email by October 13th.
The Question and Answer session will be online as well. You have the option to email a question in advance to [email protected] or post directly to the moderator and speaker during the presentation.
Thank you for your understanding.