In an effort to increase MBEF’s funding potential to strengthen academic and enrichment programs for our students, MBEF’s Board of Directors encourages donor-directed gifts for purpose-restricted programs.
Directed gifts may come from an individual, family or corporation and we ask that the donor make a minimum three-year funding commitment with a minimum total of $150,000 over the duration of the commitment.
All directed gifts must align with MBUSD goals and adhere to MBEF’s Grant Making Guidelines to ensure parity and consistency across the district. MBEF is committed to supporting grants that accomplish the following:
- Strengthen schools from kindergarten to graduation
- Support academic excellence and personal growth
- Reach as many students as possible
- Maintain parity among all elementary schools
- Provide innovation in teaching and learning
- Align with the priorities of parents, teachers and district goals.
If you have questions or would like to discuss a directed giving opportunity with a member of our team, please call the MBEF office at 310-303-3342.