College Testing: A Special Presentation
November 30, 2017 at 7:00pm in the Mira Costa Auditorium
Please join us for a presentation on college admission testing provided by nationally-recognized speaker Adam Ingersoll. The evolving college admission testing landscape has far-reaching implications, both for public schools and for individual students. Join us to learn how to navigate this intimidating terrain successfully.
Topics of discussion include:
- SAT or ACT: Making your best choice
- Understanding PSAT scores and what they project
- The role of test scores and how they impact college admissions
- Why testing policies at colleges vary so widely
- Debunking the most pervasive myths about testing and admission
- The relevance of Subject Tests at elite colleges
- Sane and successful calendaring of testing and test prep
- Hallmarks of high-quality test prep and strategies for self-study
This is an excellent learning opportunity for students, parents, teachers and counselors in grades 9-11.
Our speaker comes to us from a nationally recognized test prep company, Compass Education Group, but he will not be presenting his company’s services. All attendees will leave with a richer understanding of the college admission process and a framework for maximizing the student’s success on standardized tests. Attendees will also receive a complimentary copy of Compass’ College Admission Testing Guide, an 80-page resource with all the latest information about this process. Visit http://www.compassprep.com/testing-events/ to learn more about the event, the speaker, the topics covered, and other schools and organizations who have benefited from this presentation.