Information Collected. Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- Contact information: name, organization/ workplace, complete address, phone number, mailing address, email address;
- Payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information. MBEF utilizes Blackbaud Merchant Services end-to-end encrypted payment processing solution that is compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). All credit card information on paper is blacked out or shredded immediately upon input into this system;
- Information about your relationship with MBEF: your giving history, participation in events, feedback about our grants and programs;
- Information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions; and
- Your communications preferences. For example, for community members who do not “unsubscribe”, MBEF will send periodic mailings related to specific fundraising appeals, events, new programs at our schools, community learning opportunities, and newsletters.
How Information is Used. MBEF uses your information to engage our community in our annual fund development efforts. In addition, we aspire to understand our community’s needs and provide you and your children with programs that are better aligned with your priorities. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, and update you on MBEF and District happenings. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes. We use the comments you offer to provide you with information requested, and we take each recommendation seriously as to how we might improve communication.
No Sharing of Personal Information. MBEF will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations. We assure you that upon request for confidentiality/anonymity, the identity of all our donors is kept confidential. Otherwise, all donors are listed in our Annual Report and Honor Roll. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of MBEF and only to further MBEF’s activities and purposes.
Removing Your Name from our Mailing List. It is our desire to avoid sending unwanted mail to our donors. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list. At the end of each newsletter, and most emails, you will also see an “unsubscribe” option. This option is not available on personal emails, but you can respond to personal emails with a request to be removed from the email list.